Wednesday 1 September 2010

Now... where was I?

I haven't been around much in the past few weeks, not in the moment. I went and stayed in the 2* resort of my head - upset and stressed about something over which I had no control, something in the past. What a waste of time and energy. I overlooked so much while I was time-travelling. I missed:

precious moments with my son
the beauty of starry skies
being in awe of the meteor shower
whole conversations
the feel of the wind in my hair
the rain on my face (and there was a lot of it to miss)
the song of the birds
the taste of the food I ate
life

Why did I go away? Hmmm... I was genuinely upset by the event and then immersed myself in the drama. Perhaps I even enjoyed my chosen role of queen - I certainly practised the scene often enough, going over and over my lines, rehearsing with anyone I thought might have ears to listen and give feedback. Who needs television?

I don't think the play will run as long as The Mousetrap and anyway, I think I may retire early, sleep on it and wake up to a brand new NOW.

Aum x

3 comments:

  1. You are not just a Queen, I think you are an Empress....the trick is accepting once and for all in this moment, right here, right now that you are this beautiful incredible Empress with a vast utterly gorgeous land to rule, which is inside you.....trust that once you do that - you will no longer feel the need to play it out and be the little queen of Drama, or put another way, all of life will become a dancing play to enjoy.....the way I did that, was through dramatizing all the positive, brilliant stuff that happened daily in my life, I made an Oscar worthy movie of all the positive, nourishing, kind, laughing, loving moments of my life (it's become a habit now, I do it all the time and I love the movies I make now)....till the ones that actually upset me became C grade movies not worthy of my Empress time ;-) and sharing those happy movies with others, actually gets me Oscars all the time too, how wonderful is that? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I love your blog and I love the comment from Neeta. It has made me think xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neeta, I love you and all your positive, healthful scrumptiousness xxxx

    Justine, Listen to the wise woman! xxxx

    ReplyDelete