Monday 1 March 2010

Gratitude

Yesterday I realised a kick up the backside worthy of any half-tonne mule.

I was kindly reminded what a blessing it is to experience this brief and unique moment of existence and how hard we work to get here. A lot of the time I want to be elsewhere, preferably there.

Thus ensued a pleasant evening under investigation from an enlightened soul who turned the spotlight on the star of the hour, well-versed and right on cue, my ego. The full force of Fig's benign gaze and gentle questioning bored through my full defensive repertoire of tears, raised voice, de/reflection, distraction, fidgeting, averted eyes, and gradual shutting down. I so desperately wanted to go to sleep. I can't and I won't.

Today has been a day full of simple pleasures. For this I am grateful.

For the warmth of the sun and for the freedom to walk in beautiful countryside I thank the Universe. My thanks also go to the oak tree for allowing me to hug it and draw on its strength; the landowner around whose field I skirted, deviating from the footpath; Seth for coming each time he was called; AL&DKK for visiting, bringing their lovely energy and home-made cake (wheat-free); the farm shop for supplying a decent selection of vegetables; and always to the Fig.

It's been a good day and I am at peace.

Aum xx

No comments:

Post a Comment