Tuesday 2 November 2010

Kicking the but(t) of idle talk

Since August I've been looking for a lodge of the sweaty variety. While I was in it I thought never again do I have to put myself through this, however, since emerging from the "womb" the discomfort has mysteriously been erased from my memory. Like childbirth? I've no idea - I had a c-section.

A blog I stumbled across on my rambles round the web Shamanic Druidry led to a FB friend request and exposure to a diary of workshop opportunities, mostly taking place on the Isle of Sheppey.

I'd like to do this one or that one
, I say... But it's too far, I tell myself. But what about the dog? Can I afford it? What is it with me? Jeez, it's only an hour away; Seth has many fans who are keen to adopt him for the day; and frankly I really don't need to buy any more books from Amazon when there is a perfectly good library system in place.

Admittedly I cannot reach my own backside so ordinarily I rely on someone to kick it for me.

Anyway, last Sunday I made it across the water to the reclaimed lands of the Isle for a workshop led by the wonderful Zoë Brân to mark the turning of the year, Samhain.

Caer Corhrain has beautiful energy and there were some lovely people present. We sat on sheepskins, attentive. We rattled and snuggled down into the fleeces. We journeyed to the middle and lower worlds to meet spirit helpers and also met an ancestor who gave us a gift. We asked questions, got answers and shared our findings. It was an enlightening day and I brought home further self-knowledge, reassurance, and I also gained some new friends. I'm planning to make a drum and/or rattle with Phil Jones in the near future and do further work with my spirit guides in whatever guise they appear.

If I can get off my But I think I'm on the medicine path...

Aum x

2 comments:

  1. Yay thats wonderful news....love you medicine sister .x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very nourishing... I could relate to your remark about sweat lodges as i used to go to them regularly, and always wondered why I was putting myself through it again!

    ReplyDelete