Thursday 6 January 2011

Onwards

I haven't written for a while, not because nothing of note has happened, but much. Most of it seems too huge and personal to share so, as it's not just my stuff that I'd be airing on a public washing line, I will dry my details indoors.

Over the past couple of months I have received healing, attended ceremonies, danced, sang, toned, sweated, laughed and cried. I survived the madness that is Christmas and New Year. I have been more aware of my power and have been comfortable in my skin - at times I have felt 100% woman and totally liberated. I bought an axe and enjoy chopping my logs. I have made friends, birthed a drum, helped cook an ancestral meal, stood barefoot in the snow wearing nothing but a sarong. I have also spent far too much time in front of a rectangular screen.

For the most part, despite the dreary wintry weather, the sun has been shining in my world.

There have been 3 deaths in my family in the last 6 weeks. These three lived to a good age: 96, 12 and 103. For me their lives are to be celebrated, not their loss mourned. How can I be sad when I see their passing as a transition rather than an ending? The thought that we are spiritual beings having a human experience is a great source of comfort in trying times. This lifetime is a mere blink of the eye in the great scheme of things. I beat my drum to aid their passage onwards.

Merlin (age 12) was a much loved, cheeky, slightly eccentric person trapped in the body of a Labrador. I think he was special needs.

Aum x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful soul touching post Rachel, loving this whole melodious energy of yours.....keep beating your drum, it will resonate far and wise and who knows what other things of beauty and people who are family, will step inside your threshold.....
    Love, always....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Neeta. I've had some real highs in the past couple of months - the drum circle has held amazing energy. I intend to get back in touch with that beauty inside myself after my hiccup. The divine goddess awaits...
    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete