Monday 15 February 2010

Just Checking In...

Wheat-free & Meditation done. Check.

I was tickled but neither pink nor the deep purple of my zafu. I spent most, and I mean most, of yesterday's meditation wondering how to translate it, my sit, into my Blog (MAJ). And there was the added and ongoing distraction of a streaming nose and occasional cough. Not a great success, granted, but a couple of minutes of stillness is better than no effort at all. And I did the noticing of the wandering mind which, after all, is what my meditation was all about. Hey that means it was a success!

I'm sitting here wondering how I can keep up this creative lark, how to fill the blank screen. I've already forgotten most of the events of yesterday. Does this mean I was totally unconscious then or just living fully in the moment now? No matter, I'll plump for the second and respect everyone else's point of view, thank you very much. Maybe I should make notes...

MAJ has not been a bother today. This is good. I was busily engrossed in my motherly and housewifely duties, chauffeuring and doing crafty things. This could be progress or maybe in previous posts I did myself an injustice about the minutes and hours spent in my imagination? Darn it, I'm going round in circles. All this wondering is exactly the habit I aim to throw off and like my moth-eaten cashmere jumper it's very comfortable but really past its best. Part of me is obviously finding it hard to discard. Maybe the dog would like both habit and sweater to line his basket.

I'm off to meditate and heat up the remains of yesterday's vegetable curry.

Aum xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment